How do you get Messages from your Higher Self? I like to listen to my heart quietly, though I must admit that is hard to do with my monkey mind, though I have to admit that I am getting better at it practicing yoga, meditation, reading lots of articles and reminding myself of listening and looking at everything. If I had to make a list of what has been helping me, this would be:
1) I try to practice yoga by myself every day. I do the same poses (I tell myself that I “should” do different ones, that I need to refine, but so far, so good). After I finish, I breathe deeply and let go of all judgments on myself and others (here is the little exercise I have used). Then, I put my hand on my heart and say a little prayer for Archangel Michael. Then I ask my voice: what message do you have for me today? And I listen to whatever comes up to my mind. I do this daily. I try to and in some months I am able to do this practice every day. Other times, I must confess that it is hard because I let the “to do” list and work get in the way.
2) Reading great books such as:
o PRONOIA by Rob Breszny
o THE PATH TO LOVE by Deepak Chopra
o THE HAPPINESS PROJECT http://www.happiness-project.com/
o Gifts of imperfection by Brené Brown
3) Sites and email lists. Feeding my soul with love, spirit messages. There are plenty that you can sign up too. Here is my list I read daily:
o Gyenis Shield: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gyenis-Shields/130522773651230
o Brene Brown: http://www.ordinarycourage.com/
o Jen Lemen: http://jenlemen.com/blog/
o Pronoia resources: http://pronoiaresources.com/ (good news we all need)
o Rob Brezsny’s website and horoscope (once a week): http://www.freewillastrology.com/
o Intense experiences: http://www.intenseexperiences.com/
· TUT©: Notes from the Universe delivered to your emai: http://www.tut.com/theclub/
· Neale Donald Walsch’s Daily inspiration: http://www.nealedonaldwalsch.com/index.php?p=Signup
· Wess Hopper – Gratitude List (http://www.dailygratitude.com/)
· The Daily Love: http://thedailylove.com/
4) Listening to the birds and trees. Everything is energy. Spirit is everywhere. Look and see.
What are your own ways to listen to your Higher Voice? (let me know with your comments). But remember, patience. Read my first post above. The craving for “getting it” and “listening to it” my hamper your skill to listen to it. Best advice is to quiet down, relax and be mindful. Spirit and Higher Self whisper to us most of the time. Sometimes they will shout (if it is an emergency), but that is rare. They are quiet.
So, everyday, I usually open the book PRONOIA at a random page, making it more of an oracle (I have read the whole book, but I love it so much, I keep it handy to inspire me every day). Today I opened it on a page that really helped me with an issue I have been dealing with for a long time:
This is soooo true and it resonated with me. Instead of fighting, resisting the past, just create and build something new.
Thank you Higher Self for this message today! I’m creating something new!!! I’m creating this blog, and another blog, and writing a book. I’m creating my day, my life every day. I’m creating different ways of seeing myself, of looking into the world, of looking at myself. I’m co-creating!
What new thing(s) are you co-creating today?